‘Papaya’s on Fire’ (Daily Mail)
‘My Club of the Year’ (Axwell)
‘Croatian Sensation!’ (Daily Star)
‘Party like a VIP; this is the latest hotspot to attract the world’s rich, famous and glamorous people – alongside superstar DJs’ (Cosmopolitan Magazine)
Croatia’s most infamous open air beach club Papaya – located on party beach Zrce, dubbed ‘the beach that never sleeps’ – on the idyllic island of Pag announces a season of residency partnerships with top UK club promoters, bringing the best of British and Ibiza sounds to the new clubbing destination.
Mixmag’s ‘Greatest DJ of All Time’ Eddie Halliwell brings his Fire it Up spectacle to Papaya every Tuesday night, followed by Wax On Wednesdays (Wax On are part of the team behind Hideout Festival, which made its hugely successful debut on Zrce in 2011) and long running Pacha favourite Kinky Malinki on take over the club on Thursdays. Clubbers will be able to purchase a pass which will also include Papaya’s Friday night headline DJs and weekend festivals plus entrance to the club all week.
Each resident DJ will bring their own flair and vibrancy to the 5000 capacity club –and a fantastic line up of guest slots – which will be announced next week.
When asked about this new venture, Eddie said “I’m buzzing about it! The chance to play weekly in an outdoor arena as the sun comes up, was too good to miss! Whilst this won’t detract from my affinity with Ibiza, having explored the party scene in Papaya, Croatia, I saw this as an ideal place to grow the Fire It Up brand, whilst at the same time playing to a brand new crowd of clubbers.”
Paul Crane of Kinky Malinki added “We first came to Papaya in 2005 and have subsequently admired from afar as it has become one of THE Summer clubbing destinations. So it's with great joy that we return in 2012 to play an integral part in Papaya's programming this year.”
A spokesperson for Papaya adds “,Papaya has been a best kept secret to the UK clubbing market for ten years – once discovered never forgotten – but last year Hideout festival brought 5,000 British clubbers to the island and so from here on in we want to keep them coming back and enjoying the fun. We’ve been impressed with the events Fire it Up and Kinky Malinki run and are delighted to work with them this season…”
In addition to soaking up the sounds, Papaya’s guests are also encouraged to enjoy the afternoon pool parties, boat parties and other activities on the unspoiled Adriatic coastline such as kite-surfing, sailing and water-skiing Not to mention the excellent restaurants and the buzzy beachfront bars of resort-town Novalja.
Clubbers can also upgrade their tickets to VIP passes, gaining access to Papaya’s exclusive stage-side cocktail bar.
Zrce is on the island of Pag and can be reached easily, with regular flights to Zadar and Split and airport transfers to Novalja (the nearest town) and the beach itself. For more travel information and ticket purchases visit http://www.papaya.com.hr.
For more information about Club Papaya, review or media requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
- All travel information can be found at www.papaya.com.hr
- Club Papaya is on twitter @papayaclub
- Papaya is a 5-7000 capacity open air beach club which has been running since 2002. It is run by the Seven Agency and spokespeople are available for interviews and comment.
- Ryanair has regular flights to Zadar and Easyjet flies to Split.
- Weekly passes for Papaya cost £50 and allow entry to the club from Monday to Sunday (inclusive) via a wristband and also five cocktails. Prices are correct at time of announcement and drinks are served at Papaya’s discretion
- Details of VIP upgrades can be found at http://www.papaya.com.hr
- For media requests for Eddie Halliwell please contact the PFA Agency or Kelly Dayus-Cook at SLK Associates
- Eddie Halliwell was voted Mixmag’s Greatest DJ of All Time in 2010.
- Papaya’s Friday Nights are in association with Desperados and full line ups will be available on Papaya’s website