The hip hop MC’s debut album will be promoted via new legal pay-per-play
Voodoo Browne (and his record label Ambiel Music) joins music biz early adopters such as INgrooves and Skint/Loaded Records, choosing to promote new releases via new industry-friendly pay-per-play platform Psonar.
With Psonar tracks are played, shared or gifted via mobile or internet for just 1 penny/1 cent/1eurocent each time.
Fans can also create a playlist and share it with anyone else worldwide – the receiver pays a penny to listen to each track or the playlist can be sent as a gift and they can listen for free (alternative Secret Santa, anyone?)
And it’s all good for music: every time a track is played the artist gets paid and by discovering, sharing and gifting music via Psonar, people encourage the spread of great tunes.
Voodoo Browne’s debut album ‘Browne Saucery’ will be shared via texts and social media in the run up to its release in December with four tracks available to stream free of charge each day.
Voodoo Browne says ‘, I’m lovin Psonar. The rap culture has always been associated with paying cash for something and getting it quick and for me this cuts out all the long paperwork and fat cat percentages we think of with major distributors. Psonar taps into what the kids on every street have: great tips for new music and a mobile phone. Unlike Spotify, your playlist won’t have patronising adverts and unlike iTunes you can play a whole album for 15p – a fifth of what they sell you a single for, these days…’
For more information on Voodoo Browne, contact Firgas@raw-material.co.uk and for more information on Psonar contact Martin Rigby (CEO) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
· Voodoo Browne’s debut album ‘Browne Saucery’ is released on Ambiel Music on Dec 4th and the Psonar promo can be viewed at http://bit.ly/viLkvo
- Voodoo Browne plays live in London on Dec 9th and 15th
- More about Voodoo Browne at www.voodoobrowne.comor on twitter/voodoobrowne
- More about Psonar at http://www.psonar.com
- Voodoo Browne, Ambiel Music and Psonar are available for comment and images are available of Voodoo Browne – plus review copies of the album
- Besides Ambiel Music, Psonar has signed distribution deals with The Orchard, INgrooves, Essential Music, Virtual Label, Stealth Records and Skint/Loaded Records which between them have some of the best indie, urban and dance music worldwide.