Your chance to remix a hit record: the only thing holding you back is you
Tally Koren, a London Fringe Award Winner of 2011, has been receiving national radio play for her single Beauty of the Duty to critical acclaim. Now we want you to remix it and put your own unique twist on her music.
- The winning remix will be promoted by Tck Production promotion and will receive studio time and guidance from the team to create the potential next single for Tally Koren. The single will be promoted across the UK on national and regional radio stations. The single may be released via Tck production digitally and if so, the winner will get 5% of the net profit.
- The first runner-up will receive a free DJ/producer account on D-ROM for a year. D-ROM brings together the best in dance music from top international DJ’s & Clubs
- The second runner-up will receive a free mastering session for their track by Robin Springall at Repeat Performance
This is your opportunity to have your music played throughout the UK and be heard by millions of people and receive professional constructive criticism from people who know their music and can turn dreams into reality.
Productions must be ‘radio friendly’ and will be judged by Neil Ashby (radio plugger), Mike Exachos (MTV award winning producer), Mark Pearce (D-ROM), and Tally Koren.
Every applicant will receive comments on their tracks and be given time to improve it before the final deadline, giving entrants the chance to work to industry briefs and be guided by our industry professionals to help progress your skills.
Tally Koren commented: “I’m really excited about this remix competition. When I wrote Beauty of the Duty I knew it could be a hit dance track. There are so many undiscovered talents out there and you might be one of them so good luck and I’m looking forward to hearing what you do with my song!”.
The track doesn’t have to be fully mixed and mastered, just to the best of your ability. If successful, it will be professionally mixed and mastered in a studio.
Everyone who enters WILL receive feedback from an industry professional – this is your chance as a producer to be heard. It only takes one person with authority within the industry to change your music career.
– ends –
For more information or media requests contact: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
To enter go to www.tallykoren.com/remixcomp to receive remix stems from the track.
You have until 23.5.11 to upload your final mix to Tally’s group on Soundcloud.
If you upload before the deadline you will receive guidance on how to improve your track to make it better and more radio friendly.
The 10 tracks with the most plays on Tally’s Soundcloud go through to the final.
Terms and conditions
- All files are the property of Tck Production (Copyright 2011) & made exclusively available for the sole purpose of the ‘Beauty of the Duty – Remix Competition’.
- Only one entry per person aged 16+.
- Samples and material used in remixes must not violate any laws or third party rights.
- All remixes will be property of Tck Production and any commercial use is prohibited without prior written consent.
- Non-commercial use of remixes IS allowed. You may post your work on your web page provided that correct credit is given to named artist and writers.
- If your work is selected to feature on the digital release you do this at no charge and waive your right to royalty payments.
- By downloading the remix pack you enter the contest and agree to be bound by its terms and the judges’ final decision.