On the afternoon of March 26th, Spitalfields City Farm hosts the most gripping event of the sporting calendar; The Oxford and Cambridge Goat Race!
Two of the resident goats (‘Oxford’ and ‘Cambridge’) will race each other down the especially prepared cobblestone track to claim the title whilst during the day the farm will host other activities ranging from Limbo (How Low Can You Go-at) and Goat cheerleading.
The event will also feature musical performances (including from Kiss FM DJs The Loose Cannons) and the Goat Race itself has a special guest celebrity starter.
Now in its third year, the event is expected to attract over 1000 spectators of all ages.
The official Goat Race bookie will be on hand to take bets, cocktails at the Abelha V.I.Treehouse bar, and other onsite stalls include The Fabulous Photo Emporium, HungaMunga, Caprilatte icecream van, Chilli Billy Burgers and an artist’s interpretation of the finish (which will be auctioned for the charity at the end of the event).
The entrance fee to the event is just £4 and all the profits go to the upkeep of the City Farm – and all its resident sportsmen!
For more information or media requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
- Goat Race information: http://www.thegoatrace.org or www.facebook.com/thegoatrace
- Spitalfields City Farm is Buxton St, London E1 5AR
- The event doors open at 1pm and all ages are welcome
- The main race is at 4.30pm
- The Goat Race is now in its third year and last year raised £4,000 for the farm
- Celebrity guest will be announced
- Last year the race was won by ‘Cambridge’
Sponsorship opportunities are still available for this event – contact email@example.com for more info on this… GO GOAT!